Zucchini Walnut Muffins
These muffins are better than Starbucks’ any day! A great, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free way to use your summer crop of zucchini.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 3
Serves: 18 muffins
- 2¾ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- ¼ cup ground chia seed
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. Real Salt sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1¼ cup raw honey
- 2½ cups of shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir together 2¾ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, ¼ cup ground chia seed, 2 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 2 tsp. ground cloves, and ½ tsp. Real Salt sea salt.
- Blend 2 eggs with ¾ cup coconut oil, 1¼ cup raw honey until well incorporated
- Quickly mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients
- Fold in 2½ cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini and 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Fill unbleached paper-lined muffin cups ¾ full
- Bake for 25 minutes, check the center to be sure they are done before removing from oven
- Remove from the muffin pan and cool on the counter
- Enjoy with a cup of herbal tea
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.