Wild Rice Florentine
A hearty main dish, this Wild Rice Florentine is one of Ivan’s favorite suppers during Phase 1. During Phases 2 and 3, it makes a great side dish.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 1
- 1 cup wild rice
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Real Salt sea salt
- Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
- In a small saucepan, add 1½ cups of water to 1 cup of wild rice
- Simmer wild rice medium heat until the rice “blooms”
- While simmering, chop and saute chopped onions and garlic in grape seed oil
- Just before the remaining water is boiled off the rice, add chopped spinach and cover so the spinach wilts
- Add the satueed onions and garlic and stir together
- Enjoy with sea salt and Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.