These cookies double as a mid-afternoon snack, or an alternative to granola bars for airline flights.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 3
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Real Salt sea salt
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- ½ cup raisins
- *optional – stir in ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir together: 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, ¾ tsp. baking soda, ½ tsp. Real Salt sea salt
- Mix together: 1 cup creamy almond butter, ¼ cup agave nectar, ⅛ cup coconut oil, 1 large egg, 1 mashed ripe banana
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in: ½ cup raisins (and optional ¼ cup chopped walnuts)
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet pan. Remove cookies immediately from the pan and cool on a cookie rack.
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.