Stuffed Sweet Potato Delight
These beautiful purple sweet potoatoes will thrill everyone who sees them on the table. They taste as good as they look! The lovely hue comes from the carotenoids, a powerful class of antioxidants which give our foods such deep, dark colors.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 3
Cuisine: Vegetable Side
- 2 organic purple sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Lemon-Olive Oil
- ⅛ tsp Real Salt
- pinch of garlic
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Bake sweet potatoes at 325 degrees farenheit until just tender. Do not bake until very soft or the skins will fall away from the meat and you will not be able to stuff the potato halves
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Cut each potato lengthwise into halves
- Scoop the flesh away from the centers of the potatoes, leaving enough on the skin so that they do not “wilt.”
- In the food processor, add the potato flesh, Lemon-Olive Oil, salt, and spices and process until smooth
- Taste mixture and adjust spices to your liking
- Fill the potato skins with the mixture and serve hot
- *Note: you can make this dish with traditional orange sweet potatoes, also
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.