Nearly Vegan, Sugar-Free Skillet Cornbread Recipe
Serve with cooked black beans and onions salted with sea salt as a meal or serve alone as a snack.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 3
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Baking Flour
- 1 cup organic, non-GMO yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp organic agave syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg white
- Pour the grape seed oil into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and place in the oven on preheat to 375°.
- While oil is heating in the skillet, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the agave syrup, almond milk and egg white. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in hot oil from the skillet and then turn batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done in the middle when tested with a toothpick. The top of this cornbread should be golden brown and the sides and bottom should be just a little bit crispy.
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.