Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
Since Ivan had to put vinegar on hold during his healing phase, he has become very attached to this Lemon Olive Oil Dressing. Use this dressing on scrambled eggs, fish, grains and, of course, salads!
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 1
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Real salt sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Combine 1 part fresh lemon juice with 2 parts olive oil (resist the urge to use bottled lemon juice for quicker preparation. Most commercially prepared lemon juices have preservatives added. Fresher is always better.)
- Add salt and garlic powder to taste
- Pour into a storage bottle
- Shake well and serve
- Refrigerate after serving – to bring to room temperature, run bottle under hot water to soften the olive oil
- Option: grate fresh ginger and add to the Lemon Olive Oil Dressing instead of the salt and garlic. It is especially good with ginger when served over bok choy, cabbage or asparagus.
- Experiment with mixing 1:1, you may like the lemon flavor more forward for your foods.
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.