Green Machine Veggie Soup
This soup has both creamed and chunky features, making it perfect for Phase 1. It’s filling and delicious.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 1
- 8 Brussel sprouts
- ½ head of broccoli, including stalk
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 1 small zucchini
- ¼ head of green cabbage
- ¼ yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
- Steam until slightly tender:
- Brussel Sprouts
- ½ head of broccoli, including the stalk chopped into smaller pieces
- spears of asparagus with the ends trimmed
- zucchini chopped into 5 or 6 pieces
- Blend steamed vegetables with their cooking water until completely liquefied (keep the center hole on the blender lid open so the lid does not pop off from the heat)
- In a separate pan, steam until slightly tender:
- ¼ head of green cabbage, chopped into medium chunks
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped into medium chunks
- cloves of garlic, mashed by the flat side of a knife until made into a paste
- Add the blended veggies to the steamed veggies and add water to get desired consistency
- To this mixture, add (to your taste) sea salt, garlic powder, celery seed and cayenne pepper.
- After simmering for about 5 minutes, take off the burner and add about ⅛ cup of Lemon Olive Oil Dressing.
- Variation: After The Cleanse, add chopped tomatoes to the cabbage onion mixture and steam-fried ground turkey seasoned with organic Italian seasoning.
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.