When you are hungry for a full-flavored, spicy soup, Firecracker Soup is for you! The carrots and sweet potatoes make this one a Phase 3 dish.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 3
- ¼ medium white onion
- 2 large unpeeled carrots
- 1 fairly large sweet potato
- ¼ tsp Real Salt sea salt
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp tumeric
- Fresh ginger
- Sprinkle paprika
- Dash onion powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground cracked pepper to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper to taste
- Dice ¼ medium white onion
- Grate 2 large carrots with their peelings on
- Peel 1 fairly large sweet potato and chop into squares
- tsp freshly grated ginger
- Combine vegetables in a quart pan and barely cover with organic chicken broth.
- Bring to a rolling boil and turn down the heat to a strong simmer.
- When the vegetables are soft, add spices and blend in food processor until nearly smooth, adjust seasonings to your preference
- Serve with garnish of red pepper flakes in each bowl
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.