“Creamed” Broccoli Soup
When in Phase 1 – The Cleanse, a substantial “creamy” soup is very satisfying and filling.
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 1
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Steam onion and broccoli until bright green and tender when pierced with a fork,reserve the cooking water, rinse in cold water
- Process broccoli and onion with the cooking water until smooth in the food processor (add more purified water to get desired consistency)
- Add sea salt, garlic powder, olive oil, lemon juice and cayenne pepper and pulse until mixed
- Pour into soup bowls and sprinkle red pepper flakes sparingly on the top of each bowl
- May be served over brown rice in Phase 2.
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.