Bammalicious Buckwheat Pancakes
Enjoy these hot gluten-free and sugar-free pancakes for breakfast or anytime!
Author: Beth Misner
Recipe type: Phase 2
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Real Salt sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 cup goat milk yogurt
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- (Phase 3 – add ⅛ cup coconut nectar or maguey sap)
- Stir together 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free baking flour mix, ½ cup buckwheat flour, ½ cup brown rice flour, 2 tsp. homemade baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda and ¼ tsp. Real Salt sea salt
- Mix 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites with ¾ cup almond milk, 1 cup goat milk yogurt, and ⅛ cup coconut oil (Phase 3: add ⅛ cup coconut nectar or maguey sap, as well)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix quickly and thoroughly.
- Ladle into a skillet with hot coconut oil and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- In Phase 2: Serve with coconut oil and plain cinnamon-yogurt topping
- In Phase 3: Serve with plain yogurt blended with fresh strawberries or raspberries and top with bananas, coconut nectar and cinnamon (pictured).
- Optional: add a mashed banana and chopped pecans to the batter before cooking.
The following two tabs change content below.
Beth Misner is the Corporate Vice Chair of BNI Emeritus, the Co-Founder of the BNI Foundation and Founder of Journey Center Claremont. She is a certified chiropractic assistant, certified sports nutritionist, black belt in karate, tai chi/qi gong instructor, ordained minister and meditation/prayer leader. When Ivan was diagnosed in 2012 with prostate cancer, she drew from all her expertise relating to “mind, body and spirit” to partner with him on a journey into recovered health.